Monday, April 26, 2010

Make-A-Wish Come True!!



I have been blessed with so many things. In reality, I think I can admit I am a bit spoiled. My parents have always been able to provide me with everything I need and have given me more then I could have ever asked for. And now that I am married, my sweet husband spoils me too! But I still find myself wanting more. I want a boat, a new Lilly dress, a new pair of Jack Rogers. It seems, no matter how much I receive, I always have a wish list. But the fact of the matter is...I don't NEED any of these things. Now I am very good at convincing myself that I need them. But when I sit down and really think about it, I feel guilty. Recently I have been trying to give back more and it feels great! If I go out for one less meal a week, I can give that money to someone who really needs it and even such a small amount seems to go along way! 

Today, I was contacted by a good friend, Tona Dahlquist who is putting together a fundraiser for the South Carolina Make-A-Wish Foundation. She is bringing together reality television contestants, fans, and anyone else that wants to help in order to grant a wish for three children. The first annual “Reality Wish” online event will be held April 26 - May 14, 2010. 

The first two kids are 8 year old twin brothers Matthew and Nicholas from Ladson SC, both of which are suffering from Cystic Fibrosis. Matthew’s wish is to have a room makeover and Nichloas’ wish is to go to Legoland.

The third is a precious 3-year-old girl, Adrienne from my hometown, Spartanburg, SC. She is suffering from a brain tumor. Her wish is to go to Disney World and meet Cinderella. 


I have seen first hand how fast medical bills tend to accumulate and how expensive fighting these illnesses can be. So I am sure making these wishes come true would be a huge blessing for these kids and their families! These children have been faced with so much and ask for so little. Let’s bring some happiness to their lives. We can Make A Wish, a Reality for each of them.

A simple $5 dollar donation is all that is needed to join in. Think about it –that's one cup of coffee from your favorite coffee place in exchange for making a wish come true for a child battling a life threatening illness.

I know times are tough but please find it in your heart to donate $5.00 to your favorite shows caring page and Make A Wish Come True. All proceeds go directly to the SC Make A Wish foundation and are used to grant our kids wishes! (I am a little biased but I would love for you all to donate to the "Survivor" fund! hehe!)

I promise you it will be the best 5 bucks you ever spent!

Here are the links. You can click on each link and it will allow you to donate DIRECTLY to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Once you make your donation, you will receive a receipt immediately via e-mail from the Make-A-Wish foundation. 

For Amazing Racers Wish page click;
https://secure.wish.org/ourfriends/034-000/tonadahlquist/amazingracerswish.htm

For Big Brothers Wish page click;
https://secure.wish.org/ourfriends/034-000/tonadahlquist/bigbrotherswish.htm

For Survivors Wish page click:
https://secure.wish.org/ourfriends/034-000/tonadahlquist/survivorswish.htm

For Biggest Losers Wish page click;
https://secure.wish.org/ourfriends/034-000/tonadahlquist/biggestloserswish.htm

Please Join In! Every little bit really helps and makes a difference! 


3 comments:

  1. You are so right! We are unbelievably blessed with so many things. I'm glad you are helping to remind me of that. Make A Wish looks like a great opportunity to give back to our local community.. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause... can't think of anyone more deserving than children with serious illnesses... Thanks for spreading the word to the rest of us... I'll definitely make a contribution! --Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I might be able to help. Unfortunately, the computer I am on won't let me access the link. Anywho,How much money has been raised so far? How much money is needed to fulfill the wish to LEGOland ? My husband is in the Army and we are stationed in Germany. I hear about Lego land all the time from families traveling around Europe. I do not if Europe is the only location for Legoland or not. I do know that the military can get discounted tickets!!! I know this is short notice but maybe I can help. If help is still needed. This is a great cause!! I support you and your husband in your efforts! :D Message me back when you can on blog spot or facebook!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity