Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mamma-to-be Recommendations

Over the past few weeks I really felt the effects of the pregnancy. My neck pops, my back aches, my feet are looking a little plump. And I have a hard time running around like usual. I really can't complain because I know some women deal with this for months so I guess a few weeks is really not bad when it comes down to it. I managed to find a few items that helped with the aches and discomforts. I highly recommend trying a few of these products out if you are expecting and are experiencing similar pains.

I thought a fun baby shower gift would be an actual gift for the mother. Now buying baby stuff is so fun and normally at a shower you want to buy a cute outfit or something off the registry. But I think when my friends start having babies a great gift might be a few "mommy pregnancy products" and even a gift certificate for a prenatal massage. Massage Envy has a wonderful deal! You can get a prenatal hour massage for $39. I think that would be a fantastic gift for someone!

Here are some other items that I think would be great gifts for expecting mamas:




Belli is a skin care brand from the US that develops products especially for expectant and new mothers. The company takes high safety standards and thorough screening processes to ensure no harmful ingredients in its formulations linked to birth defects.

Skin Smoothing Body Exfoliator is an invigorating body scrub rich in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Sweeps away old skin cells to reveal healthy skin. Features green tea, ginseng and peppermint oil. Use Skin Smoothing Body Exfoliator to prepare skin for Belli treatment products.



This leg lotion brings a feeling of lightness to legs that feel heavy, swollen and tired due to pregnancy. Regenerative Rosehip oil is infused with Orange, Mandarin and Patchouli to revive, strengthen and regenerate tired legs and feet.




Made with organic calendula, organic St. John's wort and shea butter in an organic olive oil base, this delicious, toxin-free lip balm is a perfect companion during labor (and later as well). It's cruelty free and artificial preservative-free---NO Parabens! Ensure that the welcoming kiss for your new angel baby is soft and sweet...naturally.

This is seriously SOFT on your lips! It feels fantastic!

This pure organic massage oil with moisturizing jojoba and regenerating Rosehip, is combined with Orange oil for joy, the calming influence of Lavender and the nurturing quality of Neroli, to create a perfect daily nourishment for body and spirit.

This oil really smells amazing! Erik uses it when he gives me shoulder massages and I use it to rub on my belly!



This is MY FAVORITE PRODUCT that I have used so far. Even the hubby sprays his face every night. You can use your facial mist at any time during the day to hydrate your skin and balance your emotions. Just hold the bottle several inches away from your face, spritz and inhale the benefits of the aromatherapy blend. It is Certified organic and safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. It is SOOOO soothing. I am trying to save some to use at the hospital during labor. I really LOVE this stuff.

Do you all have any items that helped soothe the pregnancy pains? If so, I would love to hear about them.

5 comments:

  1. I am going to check out that spray - I always spray my face after I moisturize :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a prenatal massage with each baby & loved them! That mist sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great items! Hang in there! Once the baby's out, all those terrible pregnancy symptoms are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need massages with oil to prevent the stretch marks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this! I plan to come back to this list once we're pregnant & try them out. And like you said these will also be a great gift reminder for pregnant friends!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity